Mentioned in the presentation
How would you document updates to our Design System?
- Write guidelines that act as a source of truth, or reference material.
- When, where, why, and how do you use it?”
- Document and/or demonstrate any functionality, animation, or conditional logic.
- Lead by example and show example use cases.
- Include as much detail as is appropriate, code included.
What to expect
You will get the role. What will you practically do next?
- Study the current situation.
- Advocate for the system.
- Establish design system processes with an how-to add new components
- Ensure that any processes for updates and maintenance are upheld.
- Usability Testing to educate designers on system design best practices
- Research and discover new and improved ways to manage and maintain the system — whether it’s technology, processes, or design tools that could help the team.
- Promote and seek opportunities for designers and developers to work together.
- Keep everyone up-to-date and engaged with the system.
- Deal with any resistance to the system.