- The culturescape sets up rules on how to love, how to eat, how to marry, how to get a job.
- Everything around you that you call life was made up by people no smarter than you.
- Outside the rules of physics and the rules of law, all other rules are open to questioning.
- Choose a religion if it gives you meaning and satisfaction, but know that you don’t have to accept all aspects of your religion to fit in
- It does not make any sense to spend the majority of our waking hours at work, to earn a living, so we can continue living a life where we spend the majority of our waking hours at work. It’s a human hamster wheel. Therefore, always seek work that you love.
- Rather than follow the status quo, you will start to make your own rules. You will start to question. And the more you question, the more your awareness will expand. The more your awareness expands, the more you will grow. And the more you grow, the more extraordinary your life will become.
- As you think of your personal growth, think of consciousness engineering as that trunk. The two big branches are models of reality and systems for living. Everything you study in personal growth will either be a model (a new belief about money, for example) or a system (say, a new exercise or diet routine). These things cling to the two big branches.
- Extraordinary minds have models of reality that empower them to feel good about themselves and powerful in shifting the world to match the visions in their minds.
- It’s all about finding and hiring people smarter than you, getting them to join your business and giving them good work, then getting out of the way and trusting them. You have to get out of the way so you can focus on the bigger vision. That’s important, but here is the main thing: You must make them see their work as a mission.
- Too many of us are so busy doing that we never step back and think about how we’re doing. Or why we’re doing it. I call this the do-do trap. You’re so busy doing what needs to be done, you don’t really know whether your systems for living might be obsolete
- You want to do more, be more, contribute more.