Deliver Value → Improve the product = increasing sales = fostering usage growth through new features development
Be indispensable → What are the problems that V7 is aimed to solve in the short, medium and long therm?
Establish value through a solution that solve the underlying problem
- Will the customer buy this, or choose to use it?
- Can the user figure out how to use it?
- Can we build it?
- Does this solution work for our business?
- The team is on the same page aligned with purpose
- Identify the big risks(value) that will need to be tackled
- What business objective is this work intended to address? (Objective)
- How will you know if you've succeeded? (Key results)
- What problem will this solve for our customers? (Customer problem)
- What type of customer are we focused on? (Target market)
- Are your customers who you think they are?
- Do they really have the problems you think they have?
- How does the customer solve this problem today?
- What would be required for them to switch?
Empowering Product Teams
- Empowered product teams are responsible for outcomes, not inputs. This is why people take on tasks outside of their traditional roles (to support the outcome).
- On an empowered product team, everyone thinks about the best way to improve the outcome. This may involve changing the inputs (ex. engineers drive parts of execution so PMs can identify the right areas to focus on).
Design System Workflow
Faster time to market 💨
- "Number of hours" will reduce in doing repetitive work. hence, they can focus on more features or new work.
- Reduce the number of issues/bugs
- Consistency in the applications. Which will help in reducing the QA's work. QA and developers can focus on 'business' code rather than just worrying about colors. font-size
- Fast development and release (Here it is important to know the release governance process of the company. Many companies are not aware that they need one. So, you can explain them)
- Product owners & developers can build super-fast prototypes and can do a demo. Rather than waiting for designers to come with mockups
- Decisionmakers can manage the products, consistency, quality, and resources.
- System design will be the single source of truth - which means by default the developers will be building an accessible, secure, quality product
- Start with the problem
- Outcome over output
- Think big, act small
- Diversity of minds
- Continuous learning and growing
We deeply understand the customer problem, their goals and worlds. It is our foundation for action and, ultimately, she is our only judger for success.
We measure the quality of our work by the outcome, a behavioural or emotional change, it is creating with our customers. We care for our work until and after it reaches the hands of our customers.
We set a clear, ambitious vision, and take baby steps to get there. We don’t settle for band-aids, yet act small to enable faster learning and value creation.
We drive collaboration and diversity from the first moment, so that we enable the best insights and ideas to come to the surface. Share early and often, iterate and feedback, is the past to great work.
Just as design is never finished, so are we not as human beings nor as a team. We encourage learning and helping each other grow, so that we do better.
Product Design Improvement
First, I'm going to try to understand the business situation and our objective in more details.
Second, I will focus on defining the target user and brainstorming what problems we could solve for them.
And third, I will generate solutions for these problems, prioritize them, and make a recommendation.
- Business objective
- User problems
- Select a user type
- List user problems
- Prioritize user problems
- List solutions
- Prioritize solutions
- Set a business objective: You should start by making sure you understand the question properly and by defining a specific strategic objective with your interviewer
- Confirm your understanding
- Define the business objective
- Generate solutions: Once you know what the objective is, it’s time to generate a structured list of solutions to solve the strategic problem you face
- Create a structure
- Generate solutions within that structure
- Discuss solutions: After generating solutions, a discussion will naturally follow with your interviewer around the trade-offs and priorities of different solutions
- Highlighting trade-offs
- Prioritizing as necessary
- Conclude: Finally, you should conclude the discussion by making a recommendation and answering the initial question you were asked
- Make a recommendation
- Highlight risks and next steps
Design System Design Manager Notion Ambassador