Success comes from focusing on ONE thing, not many things.
When working toward your ONE thing, avoid the pitfalls that prevent you from achieving success.
Learn how to cut through the clutter and do your best work where it really counts.
This book in blinks answered the following questions:
How should I set goals and prioritize my work?
- Failing to think big can limit your opportunities.
- Prioritize your to-dos – they are not all equally important.
- Asking the “focusing question” will help you to prioritize, create actionable tasks and achieve your goals.
How do I avoid being diverted from my ONE thing?
- The secret to a disciplined life is sequential habit forming.
- Multitasking is horribly inefficient: pick one thing and give it your undivided attention.
- Your willpower is like a fuel tank: choose carefully where you use it or you may run out when you really need it.
- Saying “no” to unimportant tasks is vital if you are to focus your efforts on the most important ones.
How do I achieve great results in pursuing my ONE thing?
- Living with purpose and visualizing the steps to get to your goal will set you on the path to extraordinary results.
- Never compromise your personal life for your professional goals – instead, prioritize your work time ruthlessly.
- To focus on your ONE thing, you need to use effective time-management strategies, and accept some chaos in other areas.